We exist to create new opportunities for independent and emerging artists around the world, while connecting music-seekers with the best songs and artists to enhance their work. Music Dealers combines the world’s largest, hand-selected catalog of pre-cleared, independent music with an amazing team of music and technology professionals to offer an unprecedented list of music-related services.
From January 2016 to May 2016 I interned with Music Dealers in their Chicago headquarters as a part of their A&R department, prior to the company's acquisition by BrandSpins later that year.
As an intern some of my duties included:
- Scouted and recruited independent artists with a license-friendly sound
- Concept sold our catalog to artist representatives in a B2B tech environment
- Researched and catalogued artist information and marketing statistics
- Assisted creative team with curating and preparing playlists to be pitched
- Provided additional support to the sales and rights management departments
- Prepared materials for weekly artist services team meeting
- Attended local shows of partnered artists as a brand representative
- Maintained the catalog by supporting the needs of a user base of 15,000 artists